Sunday, September 23, 2007

Blog 2

Wow, where does the time go?! My blog 2 topic is join http://www.youjustgetme.com/ and to conduct a personal experiment with respect to social psychological aspects of personality and social perception.

If you get the chance you should check the site out, it is really interesting to see how much information you do pick up on someone just from the visual clues of a photograph and interpreting their personality from how they respond to some questions which gives you pointers on their personality traits.

From an experiment perspective it is a gold mine - being on the internet makes it readily available to a wide audience and there is no experimenter bias.

"You just get me" also tells you about your own personality, another test that is available is: http://www.outofservice.com/bigfive/ this also measures what many psychologists consider to be the five fundamental dimensions of personality.

3 comments:

ZPeel said...

Hi Rebecca,
I just wanted to add that I think this topic looks like loads of fun to research. Also I have made a brief comment on my blog surrounding my result of the personality test you discussed. Although I was unable to open the 'youjustgetme' link...
The link to my post is - http://zoesocialpsych.blogspot.com/2007/09/big-5-personality-result.html
Thanks!

Jessica said...

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for providing that link to the Big Five measure. I completed the test and my results indicated that I scored highest on the conscientiousness, agreeableness and neuroticism scales, which is pretty consistent with my previous results of the Big Five. But Zoe definitely brings up a good point when she says that one's current mood might have an impact on the results. While I scored high on the neuroticism scale this time around, if I were on holiday and took the test, I don't think I would score as high on this scale. So I think that the situation can definitely have an impact on the subsequent results one obtains for each personality type. Having said that, other traits might remain relatively stable across time, depending on the individual. Good luck with your second blog :)

Fi Braybrooks said...

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your comment about the whole plastic bag issue! I agree, I tend not to use my green bags all the time for shopping as i use plastic shopping bags for my rubbish bin at home, and as you noted, there are several handy uses! My parents business has started to use degradable plastic bags and i noticed coles was using re-usable forms of plastic bags at one stage - i think the real issue is that they take so long to break down and if we are over-using them just willy nilly, then the amount we use is outweighing the time it takes for them to breakdown in landfill. I suppose thats the real issue - not that we shouldn't use them at all, since there are effective ways of using them, but just not use them for everything all the time - if you get my drift!